58th ABU SPORTS GROUP CONFERENCE & ASSOCIATED MEETINGS
28-30 MAY 2016
COLOMBO, SRI LANKA
We are pleased to announce that the ABU Sports will be organising the 58th ABU Sports Group Conference and Associated Meetings. The conference will take place from May 28-30, 2016 and will be hosted by Sri Lanka Rupavahini, (SLRC). The venue for this year’s mid-year Sports Meeting is Cinnamon Lakeside Hotel Colombo, located in the heart of city.
The ABU Broadcast Rights Committee and the Sports Finance Committee Meeting will meet on 28th of May 2016. The Conference will be held on May 29 – 30, 2016.
For this gathering the ABU Sports will make its best efforts to bring an open and interesting forum for sharing experience and developing mutual cooperation between the members. We will also follow up and present the status of the ABU Sports initiatives, such as the Production and Transmission to Content sharing platform, which were discussed or agreed on in the earlier meeting. Therefore, we would highly appreciate, if not the CEO, the Head of Sports Programming could attend the conference, since several critical decisions related to the future of sports broadcasting in Asia will be finalised.
The on-line registration has been launched with effect from January 29, 2016 at the ABU website www.abu.org.my I would like to draw your kind attention to the May 1, 2016 deadline for hotel bookings. After that, rooms are subject to availability and possibly at higher rates.
The agenda and working documents for the Sports Group Meeting will be circulated to you in due course by the ABU Sports Department.
We look forward to welcoming you in Colombo, Sri Lanka, a city characterized by cultural and historical relics, and a promising place for those who like to discover.
Please forward your nominations in the on-line registration form. Early registration will be appreciated. For your participants, your organisation will have to bear all the expenses. Please copy this mail to all your colleagues who deal with sports matters and to those who may otherwise be interested, asking them to take similar action.
We are delighted to invite you and your organisation to actively participate in the ABU Sports Group Conference & Associated Meetings. Please nominate suitable participants for this conference. Please note that the invitation letter will be issued upon request only. Kindly drop an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Sri Lankan Airlines
Our Host – SLRC is managed to get discounted air tickets for the conference delegates from all on-line points where Sri Lankan Airlines Operate Direct Flights-
Please find herewith Sri Lankan Airlines' offer:
- SriLankan Airlines would offer all participants, accompanying persons and organising committee a 15 % discount on economy class airfare and a 10% discount on business class airfare (on the prevailing market fare at the time of ticketing) for purchase of tickets for registered delegates travelling to Sri Lanka from our online stations which presently are as follows:
- Indian Sub Continent: Delhi, Mumbai, Chennai, Cochin, Bangalore, Trichy, Trivandrum, Pakistan, Maldives
- Far East: Singapore, Beijing, Hong Kong, Kuala Lumpur, Bangkok, Shanghai, Kunming, Canton, Tokyo
- Middle East: Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Riyadh, Dammam, Jeddah, Doha, Kuwait
- Europe/ Eurasia: London, Paris, Frankfurt
- Please note that to avail of these discounts, ticketing will have to be done directly at our UL offices and not through agents and proof of registration will be needed (a letter confirming participation by the local event-organising body will suffice).
- (All related taxes must be paid for separately and are not discountable)
- You may find all contact details of our offices on our corporate website
VENUE & ACCOMMODATION
CINNAMON LAKESIDE COLOMBO
115, Sir Chittampalam A.Gardiner Mawatha,
Colombo 02, Sri Lanka
T: +94 112 491 000
F +94 112 544 211
Our host has negotiated special discounted rates for your stay in the event venue, Cinnamon Lakeside Hotel. The room rates are USD140 for Single Room and USD155 for Double Room.
Participants are advised to check visa requirements with the Sri Lanka Embassy in their home country or with their travel agency. To those particpants who need to obtain visa, you may apply on-line below;
VISA ON-LINE APPLICATION
Go to : https://eta.gov.lk/etaslvisa/etaNavServ
Category- Business Purpose ETA
Please be informed that you will be provided two invitation letters which are from ABU and the host, SLRC. Both sample letters will send to Department of Immigration and Emigration. Besides you also have to send us a valid passport colour copy which we will forward to the department concerned for their easy reference.
Download Conference Agenda