Karnali Integrated Rural Development and Research Centre (KIRDARC) Nepal, an NGO registered at District Administration Office, Jumla under Organization Registration Act, 1978, and affiliated to Social Welfare Council in Kathmandu has been in operation in Karnali region since 1999 with its coordination office in Kathmandu, Programme Support Office in Nepalgunj and district offices in Jumla, Humla, Mugu, Dolpa, Kalikot and Surkhet. In Banke, it has been working in collaboration with Regional Human Right Network to monitor, document and report human rights status of the region.
The community radios worked as voice of the voiceless in bringing up the issues of social, political and economic development. Community Radios link Rights to Information and in
ealizing that one of the major causes of poverty is deprivation of right information in right time, KIRDARC established Radio Karnali FM in Jumla. Recognizing the contribution of radio in awareness building, increasing transparency and accountability of service providers, KIRDARC extended Radio New Karnali in Kalikot.
KIRDARC is a member of different committees and network in districts and is also associated with following networks:
• National Alliance for Human Rights and Social Justice
• District and Regional Human Rights Network
• Secretariat of South Asian Alliance for Community Broadcasting Development (SCBD)
• Association of Community Radio Broadcasters (ACORAB)
• Member of World Association of Community Radio Broadcasters (AMARC)