The Mongolian Radio and Television Broadcasting Network (MRTBN) first introduced its radio service in 1934 and TV service in 1967.
MRTBN’s local service currently broadcasts via six national TV channels and two national radio programmes with eight transmission station in the capital city and provinces. The national local network of the MRTBN covers about 95 percent of all the territories in the country.
Programmes of the Voice of Mongolia radio station are broadcast on SW100, SW250 and internationally in languages such as English, Japanese, Chinese and Mongolia.
The project for improvement of the shortwave radio
broadcasting network in Mongolia, funded by a Japanese grant, was implemented in 2003 at MRTBN. The project saw the building of modern technical facilities of a 50kW shortwave transmitter in the capital city, and a 10kW short wave transmitter in Altai province.
At present, MRTBN has more than 200 employees, of which 70 percent are professional engineer