MediaCorp to launch trial for interactive service
Tuesday 22 Nov 2011
Singapore’s MediaCorp is inviting participants to take part in its technical trial for its new Over-The-Top (OTT) interactive service.
Called “Toggle”, the interactive service will integrate online and traditional TV entertainment experience by delivering content to the subscribers’ preferred devices – a connected TV, computer, tablet device or mobile phone. This would enable the subscriber to stay connected anytime and anywhere with Internet access.
OTT television services like Toggle are increasingly gaining worldwide popularity because they are simple to use. Toggle trial users will be able to access:
- All seven free-to-air channels
- Interactive features with programme-related information such as behind-the-scene footage and cast bios for drama series, mapped locations of featured retailers, polling & voting, and promotional coupons
- Catch-Up TV for selected channels and programmes
- Advanced viewing for a drama serial
- More than 200 hours worth of MediaCorp drama serials
- Internet radio
Philip Koh, MediaCorp’s Managing Director for Convergent Media Division, said: “We are very pleased to launch this new TV viewing experience that ushers a new era of enhanced entertainment experience for our local audience who are increasingly mobile. The technical trial will enable the team to iron out the kinks and to get feedback from trial users.”
The technical trial is scheduled for first quarter of 2012, with registration done via . Successful trial users will be issued with a set-top-box in the first quarter of 2012.