Titus II multi standard digital radio receiver
Titus SDR, PantronX, Jasmin-Infotech, TWR, and the Fraunhofer Institute for Integrated Circuits IIS have teamed up to make Titus II a complete media solution utilizing worldwide engineering in the USA, Germany, India, and Asia.
Titus II, the world’s first consumer Software Defined Radio (SDR) digital receiver, is a highly innovative breakthrough platform supporting for the first time true multi-standard radio reception with DRM (AM & VHF bands), DAB(+) and core data applications. These features are based on a custom Android tablet platform, which features multi-point touch, WiFi/Bluetooth and stereo sound.
Titus II units will be soon available as a stand-alone product from Titus SDR, Inc., and from selected OEMs. As a module, it serves as the full-featured basis for third-party product development
Titus II unit is the team product of Titus SDR addressing the global market, of PantronX providing the platform and RF expertise, and of Fraunhofer IIS enabling the digital and analog radio features.
Titus II receiver features include:
- DRM in the AM bands (MW, SW, LW) and VHF bands (FM-band, VHF band-I, VHF band-III) with latest xHE-AAC audio codec.
- DAB Classic/DAB+ (VHF band-III).
- FM stereo with RDS (Service Signaling).
- AM with AMSS (AM Signaling Service).
- Integrated service list management and service selection.
- DRM/DAB Data Apps: Text Messages, Dynamic Label/DL+, Journaline, (Categorized) Slideshow, EPG, Transparent File Transmission (e.g., for educational services), etc.
- Remote Radio Hotspot: Built-in WiFi hotspot feature, which allows any mobile device with an HTML5 web browser to connect to the Titus II via Wi-Fi, select radio services, listening to aud (HTML5 audio streaming) and accessing all the DRM/DAB data apps.
- Recording feature and Archiving interface to select existing recordings for playback.