ABU Song Contest
The winner will be selected through regional preliminary round, the Semi-Final and the Final. Don’t fail to witness the first winning singer of the Contest!
Host: Qingdao Municipal Bureau of Culture, Radio, Television, Press and Publication
Dates: Thursday, 17 October 2019 for the Semi-Final
Saturday, 19 October 2019 for the Final
Venue: West Coast Star Island, Qingdao, China
- ABU TV and Radio members in the Asia-Pacific Regions are eligible to join the Contest.
- One organization per country is allowed to join the Contest. The organization represents the country.
- Should there be more than one organization per country; ABU will use its discretion to decide through discussion with applicants.
- Participating broadcaster selects one singer as the representative of the country. If there are more than 2 candidate singers, it is encouraged to hold a preliminary round.
- Participating broadcaster needs to live broadcast the Final. They are also encouraged to live broadcast the Semi-Final.
- Participating broadcaster needs to organize their own Audience Jury of 100 people.
- The winner will be decided by the voting of International Professional Jury, and Audience Jury at respective participating organization ends.
- No Registration Fee is required.
- Age; 16 and above
- Both solo artist and musical group are allowed to join the Contest.
- Any singer, professional or amateur, is eligible as long as the broadcaster nominates them as a representative singer of the country
- The singer must sing live. Lip-synching is not allowed.
- During the ABU Song Contest in Qingdao, the singers start with the Semi-Final.
- Only the singers who passed the Semi-Final will advance to the Final.
- Singers can select any song for the Contest
- There is no limitation on Genre and Language
- Both original or popular song is acceptable as long as the lyrics are not describing any sensitive issues
- Duration of the song is within 3 minutes
Organizations who are willing to participate must submit an Application Form by the Deadline. Participating Broadcaster must appoint an ABU Song Contest Representative Producer (“RP”). RP refers to a producer or programme director assigned by Participating Organization.
Application Form 20 March
Nominate Musical Act 30 June
ABU Programme Department
Koichi Okumura email@example.com
Hanizah Hamzah firstname.lastname@example.org
Lai Kai Yan email@example.com