“Golden Ribbon” Multinational Co-Production Project “New Silk Road in My Eyes”
I. Project Overview
The Project is aimed to invite media organizations with broadcasting and production capabilities from various countries to participate in the Project from a personal perspective and in the form of first-person expression. It is designed to form a first-class joint shooting team of Chinese and foreign media, shoot in cities and regions along the Silk Road and search for the imprint of Silk Road culture through the camera’s lens and explore the essence of Silk Road culture.
All participants can submit proposals following “Themes for Selection” and “Cities for Selection”. The Organizing Committee is responsible for proposal discussion and selection. Once the proposal approved, the Organizing Committee will sign cooperation agreements with selected participants. The Organizing Committee will organize the Expert Team to review the creation proposals and communicates on the modification of programs in regards to shortlisted organizations. Each participant will carry out video editing according to the required format after completing shooting. The completed work will qualify to enter to enter the 2019“Golden Ribbon” Outstanding Videos Selection. The Organizing Committee will packages final-version programs submitted by participating organizations and organize simulcast by all broadcasting members of the Belt and Road Media Community and all participating organizations.
The co-sponsors will support shooting on locations, including accommodation and transportation in China. And organizations participated in this project will support their own pre-production and post-production.
II. Themes for Selection
1. The Project sets four creation themes for selection: The Customs of Silk Road, The Appeals of Modern Cities, The Adventure of Nature Exploring and The Taste of Silk Road. Each episode focuses on one of the themes, and there are no requirements in terms of number of episodes.
2. The specific content of the four creation themes are as follows:
The Customs of Silk Road — Exploring folk culture along the Silk Road and retracing steps back to the history of the rise and fall of Silk Road civilizations.
The Appeals of Modern Cities — Recording the development and changes of cities and experiencing the charm of modern science and technology.
The Adventure of Nature Exploring — Capturing the beauty of unique scenery and experiencing the beauty of harmony between man and nature.
The Taste of Silk Road — Bringing together all kinds of famous foods and sharing the delicacies of the Silk Road.
III. Cities for Selection
Cities in China along the Silk Road are selected as follows:
Land Silk Road: Xi’an, Lanzhou, Xining, Zhangye, Dunhuang, Tianshui, Yinchuan, Jiayuguan, Chongqing and others.
Silk Road On the Sea: Guangzhou, Fuzhou, Wenzhou, Hangzhou, Haining, Nanjing, Foshan, Quanzhou and others.
IV. Application Conditions
1. Media organizations with broadcasting and producing abilities all over the world;
2. The registered organizations shall ensure the broadcasting of the final works.
3. Participating organizations may bring their own photographic equipment to China for filming. The Organizing Committee will support the expenses of shooting within China (including accommodation, transportation and outreach).
4. It is suggested that the number of shooting crew members from each organization should not exceed three (the specific number shall be determined by the Organizing Committee according to the proposal submitted).
V. Selection Method
1. Registration method
Participating organizations can download the Project Application Form on the Golden Ribbon official website http://brmc.chnpec.com/cn/golden.shtml . Please fill in the required fields.
2. Materials Submission
Please send the following documents to the designated email:
a) Application Form (Annex 1);
b) Detailed filmmaking budget;
c) Production schedule and date of delivery.
d) List of equipment for shooting and post production.
e) Introduction of the production team (information on the crew who will visit China for program shooting; autobiography of the producer/director,
including their list of works);
f) Links to their sample works;
g) Photocopy of the business registration certificate of the Company.
3. Contact Information
Contact Person: Helen Zhao
For more detailed requirements of content, production schedule and application guidelines, please refer to the below rules and regulation.