On this page you will find resources of interest to Children’s Media. These resources support the work of the ABU in this area and are also useful for research and assignments in a range of other academy training courses.
Resources are updated continuously. You will see the most recently added 50 links and saved files of relevance in this area of study.
- The International Academy of Education (IAE) is a not-forprofit scientific association that promotes educational research, its dissemination, and the implementation of its implications. Tags: childrens_media
- The mere presence of computers in the classroom does not ensure their effective use. Some computer applications have been shown to be more successful than others, and many factors influence how well even the most promising applications are implemented. This article explores the various ways computer technology can be used to improve how and what children learn in the classroom. Several examples of computer-based applications are highlighted to illustrate ways […]
- Media Violence in Cross-Cultural Perspective: A Global Study on Children´s Media Behaviour and Some Educational Implications by Jo Groebel Director-General The European Institute for the MediaViolence has always been a particularly successful media-market factor: It attracts high attention among male adolescents, its language is universal, with the often simple dramaturgy it can be more easily produced than complex dialogue-based stories. Tags: childrens_media
- Parental mediation of screen media (e.g., television, video games) is associated with better outcomes for children. Although much research has examined parental mediation of television (TV), there is a dearth of research examining communication about mobile media (e.g., Smartphones, tablets) in the digital age. This study seeks to identify themes of family communication around media and mobile devices using naturalistic observational methodology. Tags: childrens_media
- Pandemic video consumption trends Tags: audience research cinematography childrens_media
View more resource library links here.