On this page you will find resources of interest to our Journalism courses. These resources support the work of the ABU in this area and are also useful for research and assignments in a range of other academy training courses.
Resources are updated continuously. You will see the most recently added 50 links and saved files of relevance in this area of study.
- course content Tags: curriculum_camera_(all)
- https://www.ravensbourne.ac.uk/study/undergraduate/ba-hons-digital-film-production Tags: curriculum_camera_(all)
- detailed course curriculum Tags: curriculum_camera_(all)
- detailed course curriculum – link to pdf Tags: curriculum_camera_(all)
- nreal Engine has been at the forefront of virtual production since the first workflows began to emerge; today, virtual production can influence every aspect of the production pipeline. Tags: cinematography Production
- rom high-quality previs, to virtual production, to in-camera visual effects that take the post out of production, Unreal Engine is ushering in a new era of storytelling. Whether you’re working on episodic animation, live-action blockbusters, or short-form content, real-time workflows are radically transforming established pipelines and delivering renewed creative control. Tags: cinematography Production
- UNREAL ENGINE represents the pinnacle of video game development. With incredibly realistic levels of detail and sharpness, video gamers are experiencing the reality in virtual reality. But the next level to that is real time adjustments to an environment and using Unreal Engine to drive a virtual space in studio, and use it as an ultra realistic backdrop in filmmaking. And then to control it with an iPad. Tags: cinematography […]
- Epic Games, the company behind battle royale mainstay Fortnite, premiered demo footage of their latest game engine during Summer Game Fest yesterday. The engine, Unreal Engine 5, is able to create some stunningly detailed environments with realistic light and shadow. Tags: cinematography Production
- We've finally come to the point in the history of our tech and entertainment industries where they're cross pollinating with fascinating results. One such crossover includes Disney making use of Epic Games' Unreal Engine 4 for two of their movies. Tags: cinematography Production artificial_intelligence
- A short film that premiered at GDC highlights the photorealism potential of Unreal Engine, and it would be easy to assume Rebirth is a live-action short given how life-like it looks. The video depicts an atmospheric environment full of craggy rocks, hills and fog, along with an imposing, industrial structure. We then see a futuristic car speeding across the landscape towards the building. Tags: cinematography Production artificial_intelligence
- Philip Noyce said: “Anyone can make a movie.. Being a novice is an advantage not a disadvantage. Original vision is more powerful than the technical skills of those who think they know how to do it.” Tags: cinematography
- The smartphone, now working in 4k and slo-mo, is far more than a substitute for a ‘real‘ camera so emerging creators can develop their skills. In a neat illustration of artistic discipline, it is a separate form of cinematography with specific advantages. They change the relationship between the filming process, the performers and the space around. With the right lenses they create a valuable look of their own. Darcy Yuille, […]
- Do not adjust your phone, the world's first vertical video comedy series is here: Content. Created by Brisbane's Ludo Studio, Content uses smartphones to tell a story about a friendship caught in the grips of internet narcissism. In a sense, the show is told from the point of view of a smartphone. The series is so authentic in its depiction of phone usage that a 30-second clip from the first […]
- On March 15, Australian movie director Luke Eve was set to marry Spanish actor María Albinana in Spain. But the couple were forced to call off their wedding after the rapid spread of COVID-19 sent Spain into a strict lockdown in which people were only allowed to leave their homes for food and medicine. The couple ended up stuck in their apartment with Eve's mother Karen, whose two-week trip from […]
- Examine the lighting, framing, quality of filming and editing in this film compiled from remote camera recordings. The Smalls supported our ongoing partnership with Bloomberg in the creation of Art+Technology by pivoting our shooting approach to interviewing artists remotely. With an existing format to uphold, our Creative Director ensured consistency of quality by guiding talent through location design, filming set up, framing, lighting and sound, all via remote filming kits […]
- Article about 'Retrograde,' a new tv show format for the Covid Pandemic using zoom meetings screen layout. Tags: Cinematography program ideas
- Film Art: An Introduction by David Bordwell and Kristin Thompson [ DIGITAL FILMMAKING [ DIGITAL FILMMAKING ] BY FIGGIS, MIKE ( AUTHOR )APR-17-2007 PAPERBACK ] BY Figgis, Mike ( Author ) Apr – 2007 [ Paperback ] by Mike Figgis | 17 Apr 2007 Tags: cinematography
- The actors and creators of Killing Eve talk about the characterisation and plot of Killing Eve Tags: cinematography
- Examples of cinematography techniques with commentary by experts. Tags: cinematography courses
- https://www.masterclass.com/articles/film-101-what-is-cinematography-and-what-does-a-cinematographer-doCinematography course Tags: courses
View more resource library links here.