Tenure Status: 6 months contract basis, open for extension based on performance and upon mutual agreement
Department: IT / Technology
The person ABU is looking for will take the lead on behalf of the Working Group for the design and development of a media website focusing on video contents with functional components. The person will be responsible for the project, under the guidance of the Working Group, to its successful completion.
- Design, and development of the website
- Conceptualize and create intuitive, engaging, and brand-consistent web experiences.
- Ensure complete, mobile responsive design for all device sizes with valid programming.
- Prepare and present web design and web structure to client
- Develop using WordPress content management system.
- Able to integrate with third party plugins and API (REST)
- Construct user guides and documentation, provide training to client
- Stay updated with emerging technologies/industry trends and apply them to operations and activities.
- Prefer 3-5 years design experience in related field.
- Required skill(s): HTML5, CSS3, WordPress, jQuery, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, Multimedia software.
- Strong problem solving, great logic and analytical skills.
- Strong understanding of front-end and back-end website development
- Experience in designing Corporate Websites/Landing Pages with a mobile first approach.
- Up-to-date with the latest Web trends, techniques and technologies.
- Have a good understanding of SEO SEM, Google Ad principles.
- Responsible, positive attitude & self-driven.
- A good team player and able to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Organised person that can manage and deliver tasks on time, on target.
- A flexible approach and ability to adapt to dynamic changes.
- Interested individual consultants must submit the following documents/information to demonstrate their qualifications. Candidates that fail to submit the required information will not be considered.
- Cover letter clearly indicating WHY the applicant considers him/herself to be the best candidate for the role.
- Personal CV, indicating all past experience from similar projects, as well as the contact details (email and telephone number) of the Candidate and at least three (3) professional references;
- Sample of previous work/ Portfolio (e.g. online or printed portfolios) should be submitted (or links provided) to support the application, and a list of recent websites where candidate was involved in the development process.
Interested candidates may apply with a complete set of the above documents via email to firstname.lastname@example.org